Order of Service
–Prayer Focus of the Week: Being Hospitable
–Scripture Reading: Psalm 107:1–3 (ESV)
107 Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
2 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
whom he has redeemed from trouble
3 and gathered in from the lands,
from the east and from the west,
from the north and from the south.
–Worship through Music
–Message: Nick Suddath, Hebrews 4:14-5:10 (Q&A number – 858-210-9041)
Big Sunday – The 1st Sunday of every month is “Big Sunday” at Pillar Church and things may look a little different than our typical church day! Here’s what you can expect:
- It’s a family service with no children’s church. There is a Family Room available with the service live-streamed, so if your family needs space to spread out, this room is ready!
- For our Treehouse class (K-5), be sure to take notes (there are sheets printed for you on the book table). If you bring your notes to show Mrs. Kristy after service, you can choose something from the Treasure Box!
- Hospitality Table Potluck! If you would like to bring a breakfast item or dish to share on the hospitality table you are encouraged to do so! If you’re able to bring a breakfast dish to share with the congregation, please bring it by 9:30am so we can enjoy it before service.
- Grab a name tag from the Welcome Table. We want to take the opportunity each month to have a visual on those names you need a little help remembering.
Life Groups – Our Life Groups play a significant role in the life of believers. As their name suggests, we are literally “doing life” with one another. It’s in these smaller groups where relationships are deepened and the opportunity for biblical fellowship increases from Sunday morning interactions.
- Oceanside: Meets at the Massie home, 1615 Calle Las Casas in Oceanside, at 6pm every Friday and we’ll be watching and discussing Season 3 of The Chosen. Please check BAND for more details. If you are not on the church’s Band account, please sign up–this is where we post meals and Life Group info.
- San Onofre: This Life Group usually meets on the last Sunday of the month at 6pm in San Onofre Housing. The February gathering has been postponed to Sunday, March 5, and will be meeting at the Brown home, 208 Widdecke Way, San Clemente. We’ll be sharing a potluck-style meal with a study to follow. For more info please contact Keith MacDonald at (757) 513-5059.
Fight Clubs are same-gender groups of about three people encouraging each other to live a life aligned with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ultimate goal is to love Jesus more, through our affection for him and our allegiance to him, by helping each other rehearse the gospel and fight sin. Fight Clubs strive to meet at least twice a month for an intentional, focused time devoted to the word and genuine fellowship. For more information or to sign up contact:
Ladies – Carmen Aponte – [email protected]
Men – Trace Martinez – [email protected]
Email List – Want to receive weekly email updates from Pillar Church? Join our email list by signing up here. Don’t miss out on what’s going on each week! Also, join our Band group to get more connected. Text 760-505-0843 for an invite link.