Order of Service
–Prayer Focus of the Week: Leadership Development
–Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:15-23 (ESV)
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. 19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. 21 And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, 22 he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister.
–Worship through Music
–Message: Michael Young (Q&A number – 760-505-0843)
Holy Week Services – This year we will be holding services celebrating the Holy Week at Pillar. We will begin with a Palm Sunday service on 4/2, which will be a Big Sunday family service. Next, we will have a more intimate, devotional style Good Friday gathering on 4/7 at 5:30pm. This will also be a family service. Lastly, we will have an Easter Sunday service on 4/9 at our regular time. A few things to note about our Easter service:
- We want everyone to participate in this very special celebration, so there will be no children’s ministries available
- We will be having a potluck style breakfast before service
- We will have a place for family photos
- After service we will have an egg hunt as well as face painting
Egg Donations – We are collecting filled eggs for the egg hunt on Easter Sunday. There will be a box next week for donations and you can direct questions to Jacque.
Life Groups – Our Life Groups play a significant role in the life of believers. As their name suggests, we are literally “doing life” with one another. It’s in these smaller groups where relationships are deepened and the opportunity for biblical fellowship increases from Sunday morning interactions.
- Oceanside: Meets at the Massie home at 6pm every Friday. They are currently on a 2-week break and will reconvene on 24 March. Please check BAND for more details. If you are not on the church’s Band account, please sign up–this is where we post meals and Life Group info.
- San Onofre: This Life Group meets on the last Sunday of the month at 6pm in San Onofre Housing. The next meeting will be March 26th at house TBD. We’ll be sharing a potluck-style meal with a study to follow. For more info please contact Keith MacDonald at (757) 513-5059.
Fight Clubs are same-gender groups of about three people encouraging each other to live a life aligned with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ultimate goal is to love Jesus more, through our affection for him and our allegiance to him, by helping each other rehearse the gospel and fight sin. Fight Clubs strive to meet at least twice a month for an intentional, focused time devoted to the word and genuine fellowship. For more information or to sign up contact:
Ladies – Carmen Aponte – [email protected]
Men – Trace Martinez – [email protected]
Email List – Want to receive weekly email updates from Pillar Church? Join our email list by signing up here. Don’t miss out on what’s going on each week! Also, join our Band group to get more connected. Text 760-505-0843 for an invite link.