Order of Service
–Prayer Focus of the Week: Extraordinary Prayer
–Scripture Reading: Colossians 1:24-29 (ESV)
24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, 26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 27 To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. 29 For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.
–Worship through Music
–Message: Trace Martinez (Q&A number – 858-210-9041)
• Strength – Isaiah 41:10 / Exodus 15:2 / Isaiah 40:29 / 1 Peter 5:10
• Peace – Isaiah 26:3, 12 / 1 Peter 5:7 / Matthew 11:28 / John 16:33
• Wisdom/guidance/direction – James 1:5 / Psalm 16:7-8 / Isaiah 30:21 / Psalm 31:3
• Relationships – 1 Peter 4:8 / Ephesians 4:32 / Philippians 2:3-4 / Matthew 5:23-24 / 1 John 1:8
• Healing – Psalm 41:3 / James 5:13-15 / Jeremiah 30:17a / Psalm 30:2
• Salvations – Romans 10:1 / Colossians 4:3 / 2 Corinthians 10:4 / John 12:39-40
• Enemies – Matthew 5:44 / 1 Corinthians 4:12 / Luke 6:35 / John 3:16 / Romans 12:19
• Disciple Making – Matthew 28:19-20 / Acts 1:8 / Romans 10:14-15 / John 1:45 / 2 Timothy 2:2
Holy Week Services – This year we will be holding services celebrating the Holy Week at Pillar. We will begin with a Palm Sunday service on 4/2, which will be a Big Sunday family service. Next, we will have a more intimate, devotional style Good Friday gathering on 4/7 at 5:30pm. This will also be a family service. Lastly, we will have an Easter Sunday service on 4/9 at our regular time. A few things to note about our Easter service:
- We want everyone to participate in this very special celebration, so there will be no children’s ministries available
- We will be having a potluck style breakfast before service
- We will have a place for family photos
- After service we will have an egg hunt as well as face painting
Egg Donations – We are collecting filled eggs for the egg hunt on Easter Sunday. There will be a box next week for donations and you can direct questions to Jacque.
Life Groups – Our Life Groups play a significant role in the life of believers. As their name suggests, we are literally “doing life” with one another. It’s in these smaller groups where relationships are deepened and the opportunity for biblical fellowship increases from Sunday morning interactions.
- Oceanside: This Life Group meets every Friday at 6pm at the Massie home, 1615 Calle Las Casas in Oceanside. Please check BAND for more details. If you are not on the church’s Band account, please sign up–this is where we post meals and Life Group info.
- San Onofre: This Life Group meets on the last Sunday of the month from 4-6pm in San Onofre Housing. The next meeting will be March 26th at the MacDonald home, 108 Rupertus Dr. We’ll be sharing a potluck-style meal with a bible study as well. For more info please contact Keith MacDonald at (757) 513-5059.
Fight Clubs are same-gender groups of about three people encouraging each other to live a life aligned with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ultimate goal is to love Jesus more, through our affection for him and our allegiance to him, by helping each other rehearse the gospel and fight sin. Fight Clubs strive to meet at least twice a month for an intentional, focused time devoted to the word and genuine fellowship. For more information or to sign up contact:
Ladies – Carmen Aponte – [email protected]
Men – Trace Martinez – [email protected]
Email List – Want to receive weekly email updates from Pillar Church? Join our email list by signing up here. Don’t miss out on what’s going on each week! Also, join our Band group to get more connected. Text 760-505-0843 for an invite link.